- Rockefeller Institute of Government’s resources on federalism and education
- Publius: The Journal of Federalism, issue on Federalism and Education Policy
- Kimberly Jenkins Robinson, The High Cost of Education Federalism, 48 Wake Forest L. Rev. 287 (2013).
- Kimberly Jenkins Robinson, The Past, Present and Future of Equal Educational Opportunity: A Call for a New Theory of Education Federalism, 79 U. Chi. L. Rev. 427 (2012).
- Benton C. Martin, An Increased Role for the Department of Education in Addressing Federalism Concerns, 2012 BYU Educ. & L.J. 79 (2012).
- Shannon K. McGovern, A New Model for States as Laboratories for Reform: How Federalism Informs Education Policy, 86 N.Y.U. L. Rev. 1519 (2011).
- Kamina Aliya Pinder, Federal Demand Local Choice: Safeguarding the Notion of Federalism in Education Law and Policy, 39 J.L. & Educ. 1 (2010) (pre-publication version).
- Michael Heise, The Political Economy of Education Federalism, 56 Emory L.J. 125 (2006)
- Michael D. Blanchard, The New Judicial Federalism: Deference Masquerading as Discourse and the Tyranny of the Locality in State Judicial Review of Education Finance, 60 U. Pitt. L. Rev. 231 (1998) (no free access).
- Neal Devins & James B. Stedman, New Federalism in Education: The Meaning of the Chicago School Desegregation Cases, 59 Notre Dame L. Rev. 1243 (1984).
- Mary Frase Williams, American Education and Federalism, Proceedings of the Academy of Political Science, Vol. 33, No. 2, Government in the Classroom: Dollars and Power in Education (1978).
- Paul Manna, Collision Course: Federal Education Policy Meets State and Local Realities (2011).
- Robert A. Schapiro, Polyphonic Federalism: Toward the Protection of Fundamental Rights (2009), check out the discussion starting at page 23 (free preview).
- Carl F. Kaestle & Alyssa E. Lodewick, To Educate a Nation: Federal and National Strategies of School Reform (2007).
- Paul Manna, School’s In: Federalism and the National Education Agenda (2006) (free preview).